High Carbon Abrasive
High carbon abrasives are the abrasive of choice for most of the blasting industry due to the number of benefits that they carry.
- High energy transmission- Due to the high carbon, the grit is very hard. When blasting the grit does not deform on impact meaning the the full force of blasting is onto the work-piece.
- Higher coverage- Other low carbon grits are produced at a larger size to combat break-down, however with a larger shot the coverage is much lower and inefficient. The smaller high carbon grit is able to stay at a small size and maintain its shape to give the best coverage possible.
- Finishes- Due to the hardness of the high carbon grit, there are a number finishes that low carbon grits cannot achieve.
Technical specification PDF's
- Abrasive breakdown
- Abrasive operating mix part 1
- Abrasive operation mix part 2
- Airblast chrome steel grit
- Airblast data - HG steel grit
- Commissioning mixes
- Factors affecting abrasive performance
- Material safety data sheet
- Size grading for high carbon
- Typical blast abrasive per industrial sector
For more information about our high carbon abrasives and how you can get them please call on 0845 7697225 or email us.